- Create, nurture and respond to sales opportunities and close sales orders within an assigned territory in the UK
- Create, manage, and maintain sales pipeline with assigned account(s).
- Oversee and manage the sale of company’s products and services within the assigned accounts.
- Promote and sell company’s products and services through channel partner contact with the assigned geographical territory and accounts.
- Create, maintain, and execute business plans for assigned account(s)
- Service and maintain created partner programs for assigned account(s).
- Attend team conference calls and meetings as prescribed by the Sales Channel Manager Europe
- Create and execute marketing plans for assigned accounts, includes marketing campaigns, tradeshows, and any marketing programs approved by Sales Channel Manager Europe to the course of business with assigned account(s).
- Develop and maintain relationships at Executive level with all assigned account(s).
- Conduct sales calls, schedule “local” promotional work and regularly, with discipline, track sales activities with all channel partners
- Discounts beyond the published price pages must be proposed and approved by the Sales Channel Manager Europe.
- Provide product and sales training to assigned accounts to help them understand our products including how and when they should be used according to their specific application.
- Attend trade shows and professionally participate in booth duty within at various marketing events as determined necessary.
- Compile data on competitive products and pricing and report back to head office, maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings.
- Create positive work environment and utilize team building skills with other team members and direct reports.
- Provide monthly progress report(s) with following data for review by the Sales Channel Manager Europe:
o Monthly Bookings & QTD – YTD Bookings
o If we over-achieved, provide a short explanation of what drove us over the top. If we underachieved, please explain the factors.
o Top 5 – 10 wins for the month • Name of customer • Size of location • Revenue amount • Any info you would like to include (ie. was it strategic, multi-phase, etc.).
o Any notable losses and why did we lose (price, demo, bad relationship, RFP, etc.).
o Any issues that you foresee now or going forward, please list them here to include the following: • Pricing concerns • R&D • New products • Tech support or customer service issues • Issues with sales • Anything you want to mention
o Any roadblocks we cannot or have not overcome yet.
o Any strategic plans for the month or happenings.
o Competitive landscape, how does it look, are you getting resistance or competition?
o Market perception.
- The Business Development Manager shall have the responsibility to cover the following territory: “MID/NORTH” (Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Birmingham (?)
- Frequent travel will be required during the execution of the duties of the Business Development Manager