This company is a physical security solution provider, offering protection for organisations and businesses for over 30 years. We are the UK’s leading designer, manufacturer, and installer of bespoke physical security products, operating in a niche market and a key supplier to blue chip customers in the Banking Industry, Petrol Retailers, Police Forces, the Post Office and several Public Sector clients including Local Authorities, Several Police Forces and the NHS.
What we are looking for!
We are currently seeking a conscientious and organised Estimator to join our busy customer service driven team in Dartford. The ideal candidate should have previous experience as an Estimator and have demonstrable project management abilities. In addition, a keen eye for detail and excellent interpersonal skills, coupled with strong analytical and problem solving abilities are key, as there will be a regular and ongoing need to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Generation of accurate estimates for quotations/tenders leaving sufficient time for pricing decisions to be made by the Commercial Director or Directors if necessary and in line with the Specific Authority Levels.
- Processing and progressing all Sales Orders to Contract Review. This will require close liaison with Sales team and Project Managers.
- Management and input of all sales information within the Company database.
- Review in-coming quotation request forms, assess if all required information has been included and that proposed project meets company design/performance/pricing criteria and the return by date can be met. Liaise with Engineering on all non-standard product/solution enquiries. Instigate immediate requests for quotations from third party suppliers.
- Personally generate accurate estimates and quotations providing sufficient time for pricing decisions by sales team and directors.
- Assist the Commercial Director with the management and distribution of standard sales enquiries.
- Provide the Sales Office with technical application assistance as and when required.
- Review all enquiries to ensure that quotations are fully qualified in relation to any onerous conditions contained within the tenders. Bring to the attention of the Managers/Directors any areas of concern.
- Prepare and produce quotations (letters when required) ensuring on-time despatch and customer receipt, with duplicates to all main contractors where necessary for their tenders to clients.
- Make up order files, collate all in-house and customer information relating to the customer order, ensure coherent and complete information of all pre-order activity is compiled in readiness for Contract Review.
- Ensure that all quotations are still valid and that any adjustments to the costs/margin remain acceptable and within the set guidelines.
- Review all subcontracts ensuring that all terms and conditions are acceptable brining to the attention of the Managers/Directors any areas of concern.
- Produce and despatch Order Acknowledgements/ Acceptances.
- Produce sales invoices generated by Projects staff and despatch. Maintain Invoicing Schedule to monitor current position against target set. Chase Project Engineers for files to be invoiced.
- Other ad hoc tasks as defined by Commercial Director.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to communicate clearly with others, at all levels, regarding technical issues
- The ability to handle and resolve difficult problems
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, whilst having the ability to search for the causes of problems, not just react to the issues they cause
- Ability to understand construction drawings, bills of materials and technical specifications.
- Have excellent PC skills and be able to demonstrate ability using Excel, Word and use of Data Bases
- Have a basic understanding of Health & Safety regulations.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Previous experience in Project Management
- Level 3 NVQ in Project Control or similar