This is a newly created role with national coverage, and forms part of the company’s businesses ambitious growth strategy. In this role, you will lead the identification, development and conversion of new business opportunities within the Industrial and Infrastructure sectors.
This is an exciting role where you’ll have real opportunity to grow. The key challenge will be to identify, understand and assess the opportunity in target sectors, and rapidly develop a business development strategy that will convert these opportunities into business.
You’ll need an excellent consultative selling approach, outstanding communication and presentation skills, plus the ability to understand a technology-led product portfolio. A track record of business development in the fire or security industry would be a distinct advantage. The role will include extensive travel across the UK, and occasionally overseas.
However, you won’t be on your own – this role will have full access and support of our Regional Sales, Marketing, Operations, Technical and R&D teams, to ensure you have the back up you need to deliver the agreed business development plan.
- Identifying and evaluating business opportunities for the company’s range of products, systems and services within the Industrial and Infrastructure markets.
- Understanding the key drivers, market pressures and critical success factors for target accounts using a consultative selling approach and converting these into opportunities
- Development, delivery and measurement of a business development plan for target sectors and target accounts, and securing the resources required to fulfil these.
- Communicating at all levels of a business in order to influence, inform and advise customers, and work closely with Marketing to develop the required tools to do so.
- Liaising with internal departments, external agencies, trade associations and third-party stakeholders to ensure all required product approvals and certification are in place.
- Working closely with all functions within the WES team, to ensure appropriate service levels and channel strategies are agreed and in place.
- Creating, maintaining and presenting monthly management KPI reports, based on agreed metrics, pipeline and business development activity.
Required skills and competencies
- Minimum two years’ experience in a business development or specification sales role
- Knowledge of fire, security or life safety systems would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to research, analyse and evaluate potential market sectors and target accounts
- Either experience of – or desire to – work with a technology-led product range
- Proven time management skills and ability to work under your own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal skills, able to communicate at all levels of an organisation
- Strong analytical, administrative and organisational skills. Ability to work to agreed KPI’s
- Good level of competency using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM applications Able to take a practical approach with a can-do attitude